- Safety Policies and Procedures
- Covid Cases and Testing
- Travel Policy
- The School Day
- Reopening-Related Communications
- Operational Blueprint for Reopening
- All classrooms will be provided with approved COVID cleaners and fresh rags daily.
- Teachers and IAs will clean surfaces as needed.
- Maintenance is responsible for cleaning bathrooms, door knobs and other public spaces throughout the day.
- All rooms will be cleaned and sanitized every evening.
- Playground equipment is sanitized after each use.
- If at school, isolate the individual with symptoms as soon as possible and make plans to send that person home.
- Inform the local public health authority.
- Inform contact/classrooms affected, as appropriate
- Quarantine as appropriate
- See the Covid-19 Exclusion Summary Chart for more information about exclusion and quarantine.
Portland Jewish Academy Travel Policy
Staff and students who have traveled to other states or countries may return to PJA:
- After 10 days, without any testing OR
- After 7 days, if they receive a negative test result from an antigen or polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test that was conducted within 48 hours of the end of the 7-day period.
Travelers arriving via international air travel must follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) testing and quarantine guidelines.
Quarantine recommendations do not apply to staff and students returning to Oregon from other states or countries if:
- They have received both doses of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine (or one dose of a single-dose vaccine if it becomes available), AND
- It has been at least 14 days since their final dose of COVID-19 vaccine, AND
- They have no COVID-19 symptoms. Individuals should still monitor themselves for COVID-19 symptoms during the 14 days after travel and, if symptoms develop, they should self-isolate and seek testing.
Parents/guardians who are dropping off or picking up children from the PJA campus must follow the same exclusion rules after return from travel.
This policy is effective beginning September 11, 2020, and will be reassessed as needed.
Updated September 25, 2020 to reflect change in policy.
Updated November 13, 2020 to reflect updated CDC hotspot metrics and timing of tests taken after return.
Updated February 8, 2021 to reflect change in the timing of tests taken after return from travel and address employees who continue to work remotely.
Updated February 26, 2021 to reflect change in guidance from the Oregon Health Authority regarding travel by individuals who have been vaccinated.
- We will be using an app to screen all students coming to campus. Families will respond to questions prior to coming to school.
- All students and faculty will have temperature checked upon arrival. Temperature must register below 100 degrees to enter the building.
- Family members will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Students will eat in their classroom or outside. Masks will be removed while eating. Social distancing will be maintained. There will not be any talking during lunch. Teachers will show a movie, play an audio book, etc.
- Handwashing will take place before and after eating.
- Microwaves will not be available for use. Please bring food that does not need to be reheated.
- Students should be able to open all of their food containers without assistance.
- Students will sit in the same seats for lunch as they do for learning. Desks will be cleaned before and after lunch. Once students are done eating they will put their masks back on.
- Students should bring a water bottle to school each day. Fountains will only be used to refill water bottles.
Read our recent reopening communications below:
February 26, 2021 - K-5 (Lower School) Update
February 19, 2021 - Admin Letter to Day School Families
February 5, 2021 - Admin Letter to Day School Families
January 31, 2021 - Phased Reopening Plans for this Year
January 8, 2021 - Planning for the Coming Year
August 19, 2020 - Back to School Packet
Revised 3/17/21. Click here to Download/Print a PDF.