Vacation Care Programs
PJA Afterschool offers full-day vacation day care on most days when school is closed for in-services, conferences, seasonal breaks and on some federal holidays. During vacation care days we offer a variety of in-house activities that may include special guests, presentations, theme related movies, special snacks and more! Occasional fun and educational field trips will also be planned on special combined care days.
Vacation Care Programs are offered by term (Fall, Winter and Spring) at one or more of our locations. These programs may be offered at any of our three locations. All families must complete and return the current term’s Participation Authorization Form in order to participate.
Please refer to our program calendars for 2022-2023 for specific Vacation Care Program dates:
Afterschool at Portland Jewish Academy (Kidscorner & Dragon's Den) Calendar:
PJA Afterschool Calendar 22-23
Afterschool at Glencoe/Forest Park (Kidspace/Kidzone) Calendar:
Glencoe/Forest Park afterschool Calendar 22-23
Vacation Care Hours
Full-Day Care Programs: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm unless otherwise noted
Half-Day Care Programs: 12:15 - 5:00 pm (for PJA students only and only on specifically marked days). Early closures may occur and will be listed on the form.
Vacation Care Fees & Requirements
For families enrolled in the Vacation Care tuition package: No additional charges. Participation Authorization Form required by due date listed on form.
For families enrolled in before or after care standard tuition packages: $50 per day. Participation Authorization Form required by due date listed on form.
For families not enrolled full-time: $60 per day. In addition to Participation Authorization Form, we also require a program emergency card: VDP Emergency Card 2022-2023
Terms of Participation
- Vacation Care Participation Authorization Forms must be accompanied by any/all necessary fees in full. Credit Card Authorization Forms or Checks are accepted.
- Participation Authorization Forms received after the listed deadline will be accepted only if there is space available.
- Vacation Care Tuition Members are subject to loss of spot without refund if Participation Authorization Forms are not submitted by the registration deadline.
- Cancellation must be made in writing to the Department Director (email is acceptable).
- Cancellations made prior to the listed deadline, 90% of fees will be refunded.
- Cancellations made after the listed deadline, 50% of fees will be refunded. No refunds are applicable to Vacation Care Tuition participants.
- PJA Afterschool Department reserves the right to dismiss a child whose behavior is deemed inappropriate, in which case, no refunds will be given.
- Vacation Day Programs offered in June are not included in any Tuition package and do require separate registration as well as payment upon registration.
- If PPS closes due to inclement weather, PJA Afterschool will be canceled as we are required to follow the PPS Inclement Weather Policy. Stay up to date on the PPS Inclement Weather closures by reviewing their website at https://www.pps.net
- PJA reserves the right to change or combine sites, or cancel Vacation Day Programs if enrollment is less than 9 children.
Vacation Program Emergency Card
The Vacation Program Emergency Card is for non-program members only and is required for Vacation Care participation. You can contact your Program Site Director or the Director of PJA-Afterschool Department for further details.
VDP Emergency Card 2022-2023 (non-members only)
Once we receive and process your form, we will email you a participation confirmation.
Participation Authorization Forms:
Fall 2022-23 PPS Students (Available in August)
Winter 2022-23 PPS Students (Available in November)
Spring 2022-23 PPS Students (Available in January)
Fall 2022-23 PJA Students (Available in August)
Winter 2022-23 PJA Students (Available in November)
Spring 2022-23 PJA Students (Available in January)
The PJA Afterschool Department must receive a completed and signed form before any child is eligible to participate in any Vacation Day Program. This form acts as your legal permission slip for your child to be in our program's care for the extended hours as well as participate in all planned activities and field trips. Incomplete and/or unsigned forms will be returned unprocessed. If your child is not enrolled in before or after care, in addition to the Participation Authorization Form, we also require a program emergency card: VDP Emergency Card 2022-2023 Enrollment is not guaranteed.
Please send participation forms to:
Postal Mail ATTN: PJA-Afterschool, 6651 SW Capitol; Hwy, Portland, OR 97219
Fax ATTN: PJA-Afterschool at 503.452.7001
Email to Afterschool@pjaproud.org
Hand Deliver to PJA Office to put in the Afterschool Inbox
**Forms are considered incomplete without your signature. Please do not return incomplete forms as they will be returned to you unprocessed which may result in losing your space in the program