Infant Toddler Development
- NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools) Accredited
- Flexible scheduling (two to five days per week options)
- Hours of availability: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm*
Please note, due to Covid-19, we have modified our program hours.
- Dedicated Infant/Toddler playground
- Age-specific groupings in classrooms
- Flexible daily schedules in infant classrooms
- Personal care and toileting education guided by the interest of the child
- Click here for our Early Childhood Immunization Records
Our educators are carefully selected for their experience and education. We view children as capable learners who celebrate the wonder of learning, and we honor families as partners. Our classrooms are led by a team of two educators. This co-leadership model allows us to collaborate, reflect, inquire, learn, and grow together as a community. Additionally, all educators are engaged in/have:
- Ongoing professional learning focused on anti-bias education
- Continued professional learning centered on values through a lens of Jewish life
- A minimum of 15 hours of yearly professional learning
- Active status in the Oregon Registry (Professional learning standards)
- Associates, Bachelors, or Masters Degree
- A minimum of two years teaching experience
- Infant/Child/Adult First Aid/CPR Certified
- Child Abuse Awareness Training
- Intro to Childcare Health and Safety
- Food Handlers Permit
- Criminal Background Check
Enrollment & Tuition
Click here to apply for Tuition Assistance
Tuition assistance is determined on the basis of need as well as timely submission of the tuition assistance application and registration forms. We strive to make it possible for students whose families require assistance to attend PJA, while stewarding the community's resources responsibly. While PJA rarely grants awards greater than 50% in tuition assistance, PJA may consider requests that are greater than 50% for certain circumstances. PJA is committed to addressing the concerns that families have regarding the affordability of a Jewish Day School education and strongly encourages families at every level of need to apply for financial assistance.
We utilize the online service of Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process applications. FAST will be the standard submission format for all applications. Families with complicated or unusual financial situations may be asked to provide supplemental information.
FAST does not decide whether tuition assistance will be given or how much to give; rather, FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept confidential. Results are reviewed by the Tuition Assistance Committee which makes recommendations and the determination of awards are solely the responsibility of the PJA Tuition Assistance Committee, PJA Principal and Chief Financial Officer. This committee considers all submitted information and individual tuition assistance decisions to be strictly confidential. Tuition Assistance offers are then sent to families.
There is a $45 per family fee that accompanies the Tuition Assistance application that can be paid by credit card at the end for the application session. If you do not have a credit card or cannot budget the fee, please call Beth Germain at 503.535.3593 for assistance.
Step 1: Complete the FAST Financial Aid Application online.
- Please note: For two household families, both parents are required to complete an application even if only one parent contributes to tuition.
- Typically, the Tuition Assistance Committee will impute a wage for a spouse who is not currently employed. The wage will be calculated at 40 hours per week at a minimum wage. However, the committee makes exceptions when a spouse has a substantial reason for not being employed, such as having non-school-age children at home, having children and/or parents who require significant assistance, inability to find employment, or inability to work due to religious or cultural reasons. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please do not hesitate to contact the Chief Financial Officer.
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application as needed and go back to it at another time. If you have questions about the application process online, please use the available online, e-mail and a 24/7 helpline provided through FAST. PJA is not equipped to answer your specific questions about the online application.
To be considered for tuition assistance complete the online form.
Click here to complete the online form.
Step 2: Submit a personal statement (encouraged)
- Describe briefly why your family is applying for tuition assistance and any other circumstances that are not covered in other portions of the application. You may use the “letter” section of the application for this purpose.
Step 3: Submit your tax documents
- Include your most recent tax return
- Submit your W-2 and/or 1099 forms.
- Make sure to submit your current tax return ASAP.
- Plan on filing your taxes early in order to meet this requirement.
- Please include the 1040 form with all applicable schedules showing income or losses.
- Include Schedule A if applicable.
- Please note that electronic signatures via Turbo Tax or other tax software are acceptable.
- Preferred submission method: Scan and upload directly to FAST. Instructions to upload documents can be found online.
- Alternatively, you may mail your most recent tax returns for both state and federal taxes with all schedules and W-2’s to:
- FAST Processing
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington DE 19806-2594
*Include the school’s name on the outside of the envelope to ensure faster processing of your application.
Click here to learn all about the Right Start Grant Program to receive $2,000 towards your child's tuition.
Please contact us for more information or a tour of the Infant/Toddler Development Program.
Director of Early Childhood Education
Assistant Director of Early Childhood Education